Ramp up for the ONF’s associate level certification exam with this 1-day introductory course.
This is a 1-day class that covers the basics of SDN. It is ideal for a beginner audience that wants to obtain an overview of the concepts, definitions and open source initiatives in the SDN arena. It has 50% lecture and 50% lab and is aimed at preparing participants for the ONF associate level certification exam.
By taking this course, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify SDN concepts and architecture as put forth by the ONF
2. Understand the workings of OpenFlow
3. Discuss SDN use cases and migration strategies
4. Understand the ONF as an organization and identify open source initiatives
5. Gain valuable hands-on experience with a Mininet network and the Floodlight Controller
This course is aimed at beginners that want to grasp basic SDN concepts.
Attendees should have a basic understanding of networking and be able to identify the shortcomings of legacy networking infrastructure.
Module 1: Introduction Agenda
Module 2: Definitions and standards
Module 3: OpenFlow
Module 4: SDN Use Cases
Module 5: Migration Strategies
Module 6: Security, the ONF and Controller Redundancy
Module 7: Open source initiatives
Lab: Using the Floodlight controller
© 2018 SDN Essentials. All rights reserved.